Jobs at Bluesky.
Software Engineer, Protocol
Bluesky is building a better social networking ecosystem based on decentralized protocols. We‘re laying the groundwork for self-authenticating identities and data, as well as creating tooling for reputation systems, transparent moderation & curation, and user self-governance.
As part of the Bluesky team, you‘ll participate in R&D and write a lot of code. You‘ll be developing prototypes, iterating on designs, and engineering systems designed to scale.
- Prototype, develop, and ship software, with an eye towards security and usability
- Create and maintain software libraries and programs other systems and applications depend on
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 4+ years of programming experience
- Experience in one or more relevant fields: applied cryptography, distributed systems, dev tooling (API & SDK) design, wire protocols, machine learning, social networking.
- Experience developing open source software
- Experience working on small teams with a bias towards action
- Experience working remotely
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning and trying new things
We‘re a fully remote team, though an overlap of working hours with PST is preferable. Competitive compensation package with health, dental, and vision insurance.
To apply, email email@example.com with:
- A resume or CV (link or PDF)
- A cover letter that tells us why you care about this problem and how your skills equip you to work on it (link or PDF)
- A link to your GitHub, GitLab, or a portfolio of past work